The sacrament programs in our Parish are family-based, which means their goals are the reclaiming of our Catholic tradition and to recognize the rightful role of the parents as the primary catechist of their child(ren).
We do this in the belief that by motivating and empowering the family to become real partners in the preparation of their children, sacramental preparation truly becomes a significant moment for ongoing faith, not just for the children, but of the family and Parish community as well. Before a child registers for a sacrament program, the following requirements should be met:
- Worship within the Parish community is an essential part of your child's faith formation. As we prepare to celebrate the sacraments of First Reconciliation and Confirmation/First Eucharist, it is assumed that, as Catholic families, we attend Mass together each Sunday.
- Families must be registered members of our Catholic Community of St. Rose and The Mission of the Good Shepherd.
- Children must be baptized Catholic with a copy of the baptismal certificate accompanying the registration form. Children baptized in other faith traditions should meet with our pastor, or RE Coordinator Debbie Smith to arrange a Profession of Faith before the celebration of sacraments.
- Children must be registered in, and regularly attending, religious education classes, not missing more than three classes per year.
- Parents must be willing to be actively involved in the preparation of their child. Both parent and child are required to attend a mandatory family meeting before being officially enrolled in the program.
For information regarding Sacramental Preparation, please contact Renee Hunsaker, 623.465.9740 x105 firstname.lastname@example.org