Join Our Parish
Liturgy and Worship
…the good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough.
Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.
You see, in the end, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.
(Inscribed on the wall of Mother Teresa's home for children in Calcutta; based on the original poem by Kent M. Keith)
Earth Angels is...
Earth Angels is a ministry of kindness inspired by the life and teachings of Mother Teresa of Calcutta and her Missionaries of Charity. The goal of Earth Angels is inspire people to be kind to others through simple acts of kindness, without wanting or expecting anything in return.
Earth Angels does not seek attention or appreciation for acts of kindness. Rather, it seeks to serve the Lord by reaching out in kindness and love through Christ-like actions and encouraging others to do the same. Individuals looking for an opportunity to give without drawing attention to their generosity are a perfect match for Earth Angels, where recognition is focused on the acts of kindness themselves, not the individuals performing them.
Anyone who is looking for an opportunity to give back at a time and place of their choosing, without being “locked in” to a larger commitment may find that Earth Angels is just the right outlet.
Acts of kindness may be accomplished as a group, a couple, or by an individual. Families are encouraged to practice acts of kindness together. No act of kindness is too big or too small.
Earth Angels is not...
- It is not a social services organization, as many alternative resources are available to the community.
- Volunteers are not counselors or physical therapists; they are people willing to help out with the little things.
- Earth Angels is not a resource for long-term care or needs.
- There is not a guarantee that requests will be fulfilled; acts of kindness are based on availability and capability of volunteers.
- Earth Angels is not a path to achieve recognition; service work is done “behind the scenes.”
Whether you choose to become a St. Rose Earth Angel or to complete simple acts of kindness on your own, get started TODAY. Don’t wait to be asked. Once you start looking and listening for opportunities, you’ll find them everywhere. And once you complete an act of kindness, tell us about it. Include how it made YOU feel.